Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- Insects and Disease: Beautyberries are pretty much problem free!
To make a beautyberry jelly – popular in Florida – you can:
- Harvest and wash the berries.
- Add six cups of berries, and 8 cups of water, to a large preserving pan.
- Bring the mix to a boil and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin or cheesecloth, retaining the reddish fluid (put the pulp that is left on your compost heap, or give it to chickens).
- Return the juice to your clean preserving pan, and add 6 cups of sugar, 3 tbsp lemon juice, and pectin. The pectin helps the jelly set.
- Bring the mix to a boil and keep it at a rolling boil. Test the jelly on a cool spoon or saucer to see whether it will pass the ‘wrinkle test.
- Once it does, pour it into sterilized jars, seal the lids, and keep it in a cool place.
But Beautyberry Seeds (Callicarpa Americana) Packet of 30 Seeds